Have you been thinking about replacing your windows? With the weather cooling off, fall is a great time to change your windows. If yours are looking a little worse for wear, or not performing at their best anymore, now is a good time for you to look into getting new ones.
As well as improving the aesthetics of your home, new windows provide improved energy efficiency and reduce the cost of your energy bills. However, it may be hard to know what to look for if you’re unsure about the age of your windows, or even what material they’re made from. The following are key indications that it’s time to consider a replacement.
10 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Windows
Here are a few tell-tale signs that will let you know when it’s time to trade your windows in for something newer:
- If your windows suffer from condensation or you notice frost build up on them.
- The window frame is cracking or rotting.
- Windows are damaged, warped or broken, or there are cracks in the window pane.
- If you touch the window glass during the summer and it is hot to the touch.
- If you touch the window glass in the winter and it’s freezing cold to the touch.
- Sitting next to your window during winter feels colder than the rest of the house.
- You can hear excessive external noises (more than usual).
- Your utility bills keep rising.
- You’re renovating your home and want your windows to match the remodelling.
- You are generally unhappy with the way your windows and their frames look.
It’s important to watch for these signs and get your windows replaced when needed. After all, new windows come with a whole host of benefits.
The Top Benefits of Installing New Windows
- Improved Energy Efficiency. Energy efficient windows will help you reduce your utility bills. They are typically made of multiple panes of glass and use special glazing to prevent heat loss. Your home will stay cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Increased Safety and Security. Older windows can make your home more susceptible to break-ins. Replacing your windows will give you a better sense of security. Newer windows also come with better security features such as multiple locking systems.
- Higher Level of Comfort. Improve comfort with high performance windows. There will be no strong drafts or glaring hot sunlight to contend with. You can block out unwanted noises, reduce dust and allergens, and maintain a more comfortable temperature overall.
- Increased Curb Appeal. New windows add to the overall appearance of your home and increase curb appeal. Your property will look modern and fresh, and you can also increase your home’s resale value.
Other positives of new windows include fewer window repairs, less condensation, and better light quality and visibility through your new windows.
Upgrade your windows today! Contact The Door Centre for all of your window and door needs.